20 Nov Now Hiring
We’re is looking for bartenders to help during our special events, serve during various brand events and ultimately join our Taproom at 642 Rogers Ave team!
We represent, craft and sell locally produced brands such as House of Juice, Brooklyn Jun Brew and Island to Island Brewery which include beers, ciders, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and jun kombucha on tap. The manufacturing facility and taproom are conveniently located in the same building at 642 Rogers Avenue Brooklyn NY 11226. Two short blocks from Flatbush Ave every near the 2,5, Q trains.
Our ideal candidate is attentive, punctual, and hard-working, knows a great deal about craft beer, juicing or kombucha and is willing to train and learn more about all our brands.
If you are interested and self driven as well as knowledgeable about crafting from locally grown and sustainable sources OR you or someone you know are homebrewers or interested in beer culture, beer history and brewing AND want to work and grow in these industries, we’re interested in a sit down with you!
Please do not refer people who just want to show up and to get a check. We’re looking for brand ambassadors for sales and education based positions that can lead into your ultimate professional desire. There is a training period involved to be sure you’re up to speed on our unique approach to beverage crafting and service.
Expanding curiosity and knowledge is a requirement. This is a fast paced and multitasking position working directly with the owners, vendors and customers and will include gigs off premise.
There will be a high level of professional expectations, reviews, training, opportunities for creative and intellectual input and a great deal of room for growth into management roles. Looking for people who will help the business grow. Growth expectations are within 1 year.
Those who want to apply respond with cover letter and resume \ as attachments to taproom @ islandtoislandbrewery . com no phone calls, Facebook or other social media inquiries please. Email only. Full disclosure: neglect of clearly stated requests is automatic disqualification.
- Pour beers from tap lines, have general craft beer knowledge
- Pour Kombucha and have general kombucha and other probiotic drinks knowledge
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for taproom guests with knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks.
- Interact with customers, take orders make and serve drinks
- Make and mix ingredients to prepare cocktails, juices and smoothies
- Assess customers needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Selling brewery merchandise meeting weekly goals
- Check customer’s identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Maintain, restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage safety requirements
- Be willing and able to travel for various off site events
- Have knowledge of or be willing to learn about juicing, herbs and probiotic beverages
- Use Social Media to promote taproom menu, brands, an upcoming events to grow awareness and build regular clients.
- Be willing to memorize brand mission, history and story to share with guests during brewery tours
- Must be over 21
- Must be available to work early mornings and late nights based on business needs
- Must love one of the following Craft Beer, Juicing or Kombucha
- Must have customer service or direct sales experience
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills able to hold conversations with ease
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Computer literacy
- Social Media application literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Speak English fluently. Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a plus
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Interviews & training will be scheduled for this week.