05 Jun Now Hiring
We’re is seeking for certified craft beer servers to join our team!
We represent nature and excellent craftsmanship. We produce brands such as House of Juice, Brooklyn Jun Brew and Island to Island Brewery which include beers, ciders, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and jun kombucha on tap. The manufacturing facility and taproom are conveniently located in the same building at 642 Rogers Avenue Brooklyn NY 11226 a few blocks from Flatbush Ave near the Q train.
Our ideal candidate is has passed the Certified Beer Server Exam or is studying to take the test and will complete within 30 days of being hired. Candidates should also be attentive, punctual, and hard-working, know a great deal about topics from craft beer to kombucha to cider to spirits and is willing to train and learn more about all our brands.
If you are interested and self driven as well as knowledgeable about crafting from locally grown and sustainable sources OR you are a home brewers or interested in beer culture, beer history and brewing AND want to work and grow in these industries, we’re interested in a sit down with you!
WE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN candidates who just want to show up and to get a check. We’re looking for brand ambassadors for sales and education based positions that can lead into your ultimate professional desire within the world of fermented & distilled beverages.
There is a internship training period involved to be sure you’re up to speed on our unique approach to beverage crafting and service.
Insatiable curiosity and expanding desire for knowledge are a requirement.
This is a slow paced, multitasking position working directly with the founder, vendors and customers and will include events off premise.
Long hours are required especially on event days.
There will be a high level of professional expectations, reviews, training, opportunities for creative and intellectual input and a great deal of room for growth into management roles within a year or less. We are looking for people who will help grow brand awareness and function as brand ambassadors when out in the world.
Those who want to apply, please email cover letter and resume \ as attachments to john @ islandtoislandbrewery . com no phone calls, Facebook or other social media inquiries please. Email only. Full disclosure: neglect of clearly stated requests is automatic disqualification.
- Pour beers from tap lines, have in depth craft beer knowledge ( you will be asked about styles )
- Passed or studying to complete the Certified Beer Server Exam
- Pour Kombucha and have general kombucha and other probiotic drinks knowledge
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol menu recipes for taproom guests with knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Interact with customers, take orders make and serve drinks
- Assess customers needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Up sell customer experience, meeting transaction goals
- Sell brewery merchandise meeting weekly goals
- Check customer’s identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Maintain, restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies from storage
- Comply with all food and beverage safety requirements
- Be willing and able to travel for various off site events
- Have knowledge of or be willing to learn about juicing, herbs and probiotic beverages
- Use Social Media to promote taproom menu, brands, an upcoming events to grow awareness and build customer return visits
- Be willing to memorize brand mission, history and story to share with guests during brewery tours
- Must be over 21
- Must be available to work late nights and weekends based on business needs. (Daytime shifts also available based on season)
- Must love one of the following Craft Beer, Cider or Kombucha
- Must have customer service or direct sales experience or be an amazing people person willing to talk to strangers about anything
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills able to hold conversations with ease
- Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Computer literacy
- Social Media literacy
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Speak English fluently. Ability to speak fluent Spanish or French is a plus
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Willing to travel
- Access to email and cell phone for remote team communication
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Interviews & training will be scheduled for this week.